repairing a tracking error

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Lawrence

repairing a tracking error

Post by Lawrence »

I loaded one of my old M27 images just to see whether I could use ST to repair the small tracking error. Once loaded, I found that the program had blanked out the 'repair' option.

I am finding problems in learning ST because I cannot find a comprehensive manual outlining the program and its facilities. The file that I have has lots of 'not written yet' - type entries. Yes, there are summaries on the individual options but I don't yet know how to get to that stage.

I hope that I have explained my problem OK. Normally I would plan to start with a fresh - raw - image, but I am wanting to try ST on some old images that are already available.

Lawrence
Hondo

Re: repairing a tracking error

Post by Hondo »

Hi Lawrence. When you open the image you have to select modified and not linear otherwise Star Tools will start tracking and many of the modules are not available until the tracking is turned off. Normally when processing a raw image the tracking is turned off when you do the final de-noise on your image and once that is completed the greyed out modules are now available for use. There is a comprehensive manual available on the Star Tools main page. Look at the bottom of the page just to the right of centre for the PDF file. Here is the link to the file. Good luck.

http://startools.prod.pdf.1stba.se/
Scott
CEM60, ES 102ED with Motorized MoonLite Focuser, Mallincam VRC-8 Ritchey-Chrétien with CCDT67, Atik 383L+ Mono with EFW2 FW, Baader 36 mm NB and LRGB Filters, RV-6 Dynascope, a very understanding and loving wife, and a Roll Off Roof Observatory
Lawrence

Re: repairing a tracking error

Post by Lawrence »

Hondo wrote:Hi Lawrence. When you open the image you have to select modified and not linear otherwise Star Tools will start tracking and many of the modules are not available until the tracking is turned off. Normally when processing a raw image the tracking is turned off when you do the final de-noise on your image and once that is completed the greyed out modules are now available for use. There is a comprehensive manual available on the Star Tools main page. Look at the bottom of the page just to the right of centre for the PDF file. Here is the link to the file. Good luck.

http://startools.prod.pdf.1stba.se/
Hello and thank you Hondo

I downloaded the manual and went to the 'star repair' page. It says "usage - coming soon' (the same as my current copy).

I shall retry anyway. I like the software's capabilities but remain unable to derive a full processing sequence.

Lawrence :)