Horsehead Nebula

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
spillage

Horsehead Nebula

Post by spillage »

Hi All,

I have this fts file that I think has amp glow on the right hand side. I have tried to remove it but so far have failed to get rid of it. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to remove it.

This was taken on a modded canon 550d.

My results have been okay so far albeit a bit grainy but am slowly learning the best way to process my images.

I have never used google drive so hope the link below works.

Thanks
Mark.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFGXz ... sp=sharing
christian

Re: Horsehead Nebula

Post by christian »

Hi,

you couldn´t remove it with dark frames?

Christian
spillage

Post by spillage »

As I am dithering I would prefer not to have to take darks. I do think that my inexperience is showing. It appears to be more heavy vignetting. I am going to continue to keep googling for a guide to removing this.

I would love to see if anyone can do anything with the data. Just to give me an idea what is achievable with what I have.
christian

Post by christian »

spillage

Post by spillage »

Thank you Christian that is an interesting read. Next time I get the chance to take some subs I will run off a few darks to see if this helps with my issue.
almcl

Post by almcl »

Had a very brief go, result below. It does look like vignetting, doesn't it?

Do you take flats? If not, they might help. I cropped to reduce the effect but some careful masking and the amp glow preset might also be effective.
Horse.jpg
Horse.jpg (160 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
ecuador

Post by ecuador »

Hmm, reading your post I thought I would open it and see the familiar amp glow from liveview (I have forgotten to switch it off after focusing a few times), but that's not it.
Dark should not help on this particular issue, but in any case darks are so easy with a Canon DSLR, as the sensor temp is written in the CR2 so you can make a dark library and reuse them (load them with Dark Master and it will automatically match them with your lights).