Problem with binning

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Lawrence

Problem with binning

Post by Lawrence »

I am using the latest version. My camera is SX M25C and the raw image has been debayered with no balance (as per the instructions in ST). The problem is that the whole image shows the graticule. So does my alternative software. However, the big difference is that when I bin in my original software the graticule goes - but no binning level in ST removes this graticule. So I cannot proceed until the problem is fixed.

TIA
Lawrence
Guy

Re: Problem with binning

Post by Guy »

I'm not clear on exactly what you are seeing. Is it really a graticule or is it more like the checkerboard pattern described in this post?
Also, I don't understand why this is a problem with binning and not a problem possibly introduced earlier in processing.
Can you upload the image so people can have a look at it?

Guy
Lawrence

Re: Problem with binning

Post by Lawrence »

Hello
Well, I followed the link (thanks!) and was quite amazed with the revelations. I had no idea about the events going on in the background. I decided to go back to an original image and try difference Bayer settings. I selected one that doesn't produce the graticule effect - yes, as shown in your example link. In Maxim, the software uses 'offsets' to change the Bayer level. At least that problem is now sorted out.

Thanks again.

Lawrence Harris