I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
rottielover

Re: I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

Post by rottielover »

so in regards to the widefield milky way shot.. Choosing a ROI seems, well, counterproductive... Since the shot is so wide, and the roi is so big.

Any tips on that image?
mstiles

Post by mstiles »

what i did was first bin it, then autodev, wipe.. then used the develop, hitting home-in 2 or 3 times.. then Optimize in hdr, Moderate in life, color, denoise.. ended up with this sucker

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdkf7gjaco4od ... r.TIF?dl=0

now i want to take these kinds of shots!!
rottielover

Post by rottielover »

Hmm. I will keep messing with it. I think I've been doing a few things out of order maybe.
rottielover

Post by rottielover »

I've finally managed to go out and get more data. I still don't own a telescope but I did purchase a copy of StarTools

I shot three targets, Anteres, Andromeda, and the North American Nebula.

I'm on my phone and would have to go back to see exactly for how long but I know that I did over an hour of exposures on each from a dark site (it's actually a green zone but best I can do).

If I hosted a live stream type of thing is there anyone who would be willing to help me out? I have the stacking all done and I keep throwing out everything I do in StarTools thinking it doesn't look right :(

Edit: Back at my desktop. Lights are over an hours worth on each target, stacked around 40-55 min for each image. 30 Darks, 30 Flats, and 30 Bias were used for stacking.
rottielover

Post by rottielover »

Ok I think instead of live stream I'll record with narration and put on youtube. That way I can ask questions along the way and post a link and people can view and tell me how stupid I am ;)