The way to M31

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Rkonrad

Re: The way to M31

Post by Rkonrad »

Thanks Ivo - very helpful!

A side note: I love the colour you acheived with your processing of m31. I tried using the same values in the colour module as you did but came up with too much red in the blues. At the start of the process, did you select first or second option (whitebalanced or not white balanced/debayed). You didn't mention what value the blue was so I assumed it was 0. Our red values came out the same by default (1.58) and I'm assuming you increased the green manually.

richard
gaetano

Post by gaetano »

Hi,
I would also move the log file to a new name and let StarTools create a new one so to have a lighter file to examine.
If you chose a naming convention you can archive your log files, this would let you retrieve the steps you performed for each image.

This makes me think that it would be nice to have an option to export the log for the current image when saving it. This way the save command would produce two files, the actual image and a text file with the log.

Have fun
Gaetano
szymon

Post by szymon »

gaetano wrote:Hi,
I would also move the log file to a new name and let StarTools create a new one so to have a lighter file to examine.
If you chose a naming convention you can archive your log files, this would let you retrieve the steps you performed for each image.

This makes me think that it would be nice to have an option to export the log for the current image when saving it. This way the save command would produce two files, the actual image and a text file with the log.

Have fun
Gaetano
This is an excellent idea. Save an individual session log file along with the image (make it optional of course).
gaetano

Post by gaetano »

szymon wrote:
gaetano wrote:Hi,

Have fun
Gaetano
This is an excellent idea. Save an individual session log file along with the image (make it optional of course).
:thumbsup: