How to reduce BIG halos on stars

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
paddy36

How to reduce BIG halos on stars

Post by paddy36 »

Hello,
Any idea how to reduce big halos on stars... For example the image attached (it's just a crop) Thanks
Patrick
Attachments
Lagoon for ST_A.jpg
Lagoon for ST_A.jpg (467.3 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to reduce BIG halos on stars

Post by admin »

This is going to be tricky, as the issue seems to be more an acquisition/atmospheric one than a feature of your optical train.
Was transparency exceptionally bad when you took this? Do the halos show up in all subframes, or did your optics dew over at some stage?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
paddy36

Post by paddy36 »

Hello Ivo,

Some datas seems better so the problem is from atmospheric issue..., the lagoon is low in our country so that's the reason I guess. So I'll keep only the better images . Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

paddy36 wrote:Hello Ivo,

Some datas seems better so the problem is from atmospheric issue..., the lagoon is low in our country so that's the reason I guess. So I'll keep only the better images . Thanks
Ok, good to know we have found the problem. You could just stack the frames that are better? Does that still give you enough signal to process?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
paddy36

Post by paddy36 »

Hi Ivo,
Not yet since I want to get more datas this night , so will see that later. Thanks again... Patrick