Can't get past denoise with version 1.5

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
lpor

Can't get past denoise with version 1.5

Post by lpor »

I have just updated to the latest version 1-5 and while processing I can not get denoise to complete.
I get to the denoise module stage after doing a preview area but after clicking Full to apply to the whole image the Keep button never becomes active so that I can move on.
Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
Thanks
Liam
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get past denoise with version 1.5

Post by admin »

Hi Liam,

Though this hasn't changed between 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6, the Denoise module works in "preview" mode when it is accessed directly through the home screen while Tracking is on. A pop-up to this effect should be presented to you in that case.
To perform Denoise when Tracking is on, you must switch Tracking off (e.g. when you're done processing) and choose to perform noise reduction in the confirmation dialog. This ensures that StarTools has the longest amount of time to study signal evolution (and its noise component), yielding the best possible result when performing noise reduction.

Does this help?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
lpor

Re: Can't get past denoise with version 1.5

Post by lpor »

:thumbsup: it does, just me being impatient getting back into it after a terrible summer of cloudy nights.