Startools 1.5 open file problem

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
mjadams

Startools 1.5 open file problem

Post by mjadams »

With the new 1.5 update, when i startup Startools and I select my file, which is an OSC fit file, I choose the second option as always, linear, osc, etc. and when it opens, I'm in compose mode and the image has no color. The default mode for compose is RGB but I still have no color.
I cannot find a way to get out of compose mode.

Version 4.xx always loaded properly.

It must be a simple thing but I am stuck.

Thanks,

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Startools 1.5 open file problem

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

As of 1.5 (which implements the new Compose module/mode), color and luminance is processed separately yet simultaneously when Compose mode is active. E.g. you are mostly working on the luminance portion to bring out the detail, while the color portion is introduced when you run the Color module. You will also notice that the Wipe module has a "Color" button that you can use to see how Wipe has been doing on the color data (it will also "nag" you if you are trying to leave the Wipe module without having inspected the color result). You will also notice a message to that effect below the image in the Wipe module.

Does that help?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
mjadams

Post by mjadams »

OK, That makes sense. Just a different procedure. Thanks.

I was worried that you had changed my ZWO OSC into a One-Shot-Mono. ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

mjadams wrote:I was worried that you had changed my ZWO OSC into a One-Shot-Mono. ;)
:lol:
I have such powers indeed, but I only use them for good. :P
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast