What am i doing wrong?? cant get decent image

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
happy-kat

Re: What am i doing wrong?? cant get decent image

Post by happy-kat »

I have grabbed the data so will have a look as well
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

I think your first go is good, there are some pink and blue pixels in the spirals but not enough to pull something visible from them.
The stars did benefit from a shrink but they have a nice mix of colours on the process I ran.
There was some chromatic aberration on the very bright stars that the filter 'fringe killer' can sort.
For colours I told the module I had used my camera it just quickly dealt with the green, as assumed 2 green pixels.
Bobby_1970

Post by Bobby_1970 »

happy-kat wrote:I think your first go is good, there are some pink and blue pixels in the spirals but not enough to pull something visible from them.
The stars did benefit from a shrink but they have a nice mix of colours on the process I ran.
There was some chromatic aberration on the very bright stars that the filter 'fringe killer' can sort.
For colours I told the module I had used my camera it just quickly dealt with the green, as assumed 2 green pixels.

Hello HappyKat

Thanks for getting back to me, when you say my "first go" which one are you referring to exactly?? lol
Sorry but I have had so many goes now. Which was it RGGB one or the GBRG ??

Cheers :-)
Bobby_1970

Post by Bobby_1970 »

Bobby_1970 wrote:
happy-kat wrote:I think your first go is good, there are some pink and blue pixels in the spirals but not enough to pull something visible from them.

Hello HappyKat

Thanks for getting back to me, when you say my "first go" which one are you referring to exactly?? lol
Sorry but I have had so many goes now. Which was it RGGB one or the GBRG ??

Cheers :-)
So, this is using the RGGB mode in DSS. Tried to use the "max rgb" mode and lots of adjistments, then small adjustments back and forth etc. I also used the fringe killer to sort the chromatic aberration out, I think.

Im done with it now, I don't think I can do much better tbh, such as it is.
M106 v3 DSS RGGB JPG.jpg
M106 v3 DSS RGGB JPG.jpg (61.56 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
Got another query. If I use "dithering" should I still capture darks? Or not?

Thanks again Ivo and Happy-Kat
happy-kat

Post by happy-kat »

This one
M106 190520 v2 JPG.jpg