What do those Module/icons all mean?

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
crayonharry

What do those Module/icons all mean?

Post by crayonharry »

Im just getting started with Startools ... some someone provide me with a brief explanation (a sentence or two) of what each module is supposed to do ... for example Im note sure what the difference is between Wipe and Deconvolution and Bin.

Also, why is my Repair icon greyed out?

Many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: What do those Module/icons all mean?

Post by admin »

Hi,

To find out more about what each module does you can do a number of things;
  • You can have a look here on the website and click on the different explanations on the right hand menu to read more about what each module does.
  • You can use the in-app help (the question mark button) at the top of the screen when you're inside a module. This will give a exactly what you're after - a brief explanation of what the module you're looking at does.
  • You can watch the videos to get a better idea of how a module is used and how a module affects a certain aspect of your image.
Also, why is my Repair icon greyed out?
As indicated by the 'Tracking' message dialog, some modules are inaccessible during tracking mode. The reason for this is that they interfere with StarTools ability to accurate track how noise is propagating. Switching off Tracking will make these modules available again.

Other modules (ex. Filter) may not be available if your image is black-and-white, as these modules only work on color images.

Hope this helps!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast