PALETA HUBBLE

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
DANI

PALETA HUBBLE

Post by DANI »

Hi everyone:

I'd like to know if there is a correct workflow (correct way) to make a "Paleta Hubble" in ST.

I'm starting to do now and I'm a little lost.... :oops:

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: PALETA HUBBLE

Post by admin »

Hi,

The Hubble palette uses SHO for RGB, so that's SII, H-alpha and OIII loaded into R, G and B respectively. You can do the latter in the LRGB module.
When doing a Hubble palette image, you might want to create a weighted synthetic luminance ("black and white") frame first.
Then you process the colour separately and combine colour and luminance in the Layer module,for example like so.

What source material are you using?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
DANI

Post by DANI »

I've 11x600 Ha, 4x600 S2 and 4x600 O3.

I don't know how to create a weighted synthetic luminance ("black and white") frame first.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have a look here on how to create synthetic luminance frames;

http://forum.startools.org/viewtopic.ph ... etic#p2250
I've 11x600 Ha, 4x600 S2 and 4x600 O3.
For example, in your case you could load S2 (4 frames as foreground) on top of Ha (11 frames, already loaded as background) in the layer module. You would make a blend of 4xS2 / (11xHa + 4xS2) ~ 27% of S2 versus 11xHa / (11xHa + 4xS2) ~ 73% Ha.
Once you have that S2 + Ha blend, make that the new background layer (Copy, Paste->Bg).
Now you can blend in the O3;
You would make a blend of 4xO3 / (11xHa + 4xS2 + 4xO3) ~ 21% of O3 versus (11xHa + 4xS2) / (11xHa + 4xS2 + 4xO3) ~ 79% of blended Ha+S2.

Now you will have a properly weighted synthetic luminance that optimally uses the signal in all the frames.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast