Summer wide fields

User images created with StarTools.
micheleorsini

Summer wide fields

Post by micheleorsini »

Hi friends of Startools,
this summer I went to Puglia, in the southern part of italy, and I brought with me a Star Adventurer Tracker, my beloved modded Canon 700D and my new amazingly fast Samyang 135mm f2.
Light pollution, there, was quite low with respect the place where I live and there was the additional advantage of having the sea towards west so that you could follow stars as they set to a low altitudes to the horizon. I took this opportunity to picture low declination subjects.

My first attempt, Rho Ophiuchi, failed miserably (second time, this year, the first failed attempt was from Dominican Republic) then I succeeded in taking a few nice shots

M16 and 17

Saturn, Lagon and Trifid Nebula

Last night I've been able able to shoot, I couldn't move from home and I've been forced to take a picture from a balcony with a very limited visible portion of the sky; I took the only subject I was able to track for a while, the Veil Complex, I've been particularly impressed when I realized that Veil was visible on a single 20 seconds frame, and the final result is nice:

Rowland

Re: Summer wide fields

Post by Rowland »

Good work Michele.
micheleorsini

Re: Summer wide fields

Post by micheleorsini »

thank you Rowland!