M31

User images created with StarTools.
shaun_slade

M31

Post by shaun_slade »

Here's my first image processed with Startools:
~2.5 hours of 30s subs with a DSLR and 130pds, stacked in DSS. Taken in a very rainy and cloudy SE England.

It is very noisy, but I found that Startools is much better at dealing with the noise while trying to stretch the image compared to lightroom and photoshop, which I had used previously. Additionally the denoising, HDR and star reduction are great tools. I hope to add more data to this, but am finding dealing with nearly 300 raw files is taking a lifetime to stack. I'm going to start guiding with longer exposures as soon as I have the time to figure it out!

admin
Site Admin

Re: M31

Post by admin »

That's great Shaun! A very respectable M31 indeed for such short individual exposures. :thumbsup:
It's also great to hear you're fully getting the benefits of processing in StarTools; everything is indeed centered around noise mitigation, as it is of such great importance in astrophotography.
I've been working hard on a new, additional denoising module/stratgey, scheduled for release in the next version of StarTools (1.6). Stay tuned!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
happy-kat

Re: M31

Post by happy-kat »

That's a great process.