M67 in Cancer

User images created with StarTools.
fmeireso

M67 in Cancer

Post by fmeireso »

No complicated time consuming emission nebulae this time but a fairly simple shoot of the M67 cluster. It contains about 500 stars and about 100 of them are like our sun. It is nicknamed the Cobra cluster or the Golden Eye cluster. For me it is a nice target which i always loved, also in the time i was a visual observer only.
For 90 percent done in Startools, and oh I admit is used the star reduction script in PI, only that ,no more and only very gently. Startools ,in most cases works very good on star color and the ST deconv here also worked very well. Must say i like the image.

Done with a TS Photoline 130 mm at F/7, Touptek TS color cam, 115 subs of 90 sec, 50 flats, 50 bias. Darks i found not needed ...
the image looks far better on Astrobin because here the jpg is only 270 kb.
https://www.astrobin.com/ktzf6m/
M67PiModest (Large).jpg
M67PiModest (Large).jpg (269.73 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
decay

Re: M67 in Cancer

Post by decay »

Nice Freddy :) I also like open star clusters, especially as a visual observer. And I really think they are underestimated in AP. But it is quite difficult to capture what you can see as a visual observer. Dunno why :confusion-shrug:

I recently had a similar idea and thought about capturing M 44. But I had no opportunity ... :(

Yes, SV Decon can do a great job on star fields, too. There's a bit of LP top left and some grain visible but that's not bad at all.

:thumbsup: :)

Best regards, Dietmar.