M 61 (Vir)

Post by emarko »

Attachments
M61_II objava ST jpg.jpeg
M61_II objava ST jpg.jpeg (493.95 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Startrek

Re: M 61 (Vir)

Post by Startrek »

Although I’m not familiar with this Galaxy being in the Southern Hemisphere, this is an excellent image showing some good detail in the core and spiral arms
Also being quite dim at magnitude 10 and only 6 x 6 arc min in angular size , it is not an easy object to image from B4 skies too
Well done !!

Martin

PS : I did notice your star cores have a bicolor anomaly ( blue / white ?
One way to hopefully fix that is use the module Shrink as per below , hopefully this should help.

“Star Colour correction using Shrink Module”
Create a good Star Mask and ensure all star cores and halos that require colour correction ( including diffraction spikes ) are sampled or green. Grow mask as required

Open Shrink
Adjust iterations to 0
Change Mode to Tighten
Color Taming increase to between 5 and 10 pixels as required.
Note: increasing Color taming too much may cause stars to totally “white out” so be cautious, start off with 2 pixels and check then increase to 4 pixels and so on …..
Halo Extend increase to 1 or 2 pixels
Un glow Kernel leave off

Abnormal Stars core and halo colour ( and diffraction spikes ) should morph or blend into a uniform colour closest to adjoining colour of star core.
emarko

Re: M 61 (Vir)

Post by emarko »

Thank you very much for your opinion, I appreciate it.
The colors around the stars are caused by the Reducer for EdgeHD 9.25, at least as far as I can tell, other EdgeHD owners are also reporting this, and it's giving me bad sleep.

Thank you very much for the idea how to fix this colorization of the stars in ST, I will try it immediately.

Until now, I used the repair module to decolorize the stars, as the only one - although this module creates an artificial star and is no longer a photo for my concepts ...