The new colour module: M51

User images created with StarTools.
Epicycle

The new colour module: M51

Post by Epicycle »

Hi,

I've been trying the new colour module and it's great and very easy to use. Attached is my first attempt
at M51. It's stack of 24x10m exposures with a modded Canon 1100D at iso 1600.
The tube that I used is the 200mm f6 from my dobsonian mounted on a heq5 (guided with PhD via the finder),
coma was pretty bad, but the Repair module with the preset Redistribute core is avg loc works a treat!
The decon module also works great to bring out details in the arms (in my mac with any radius :thumbsup: thanks Ivo for fixing that),

best
Epicycle
Attachments
m51_st.jpg
m51_st.jpg (224.19 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: The new colour module: M51

Post by admin »

Oh wow! :shock:
That's an amazing result Epicycle!
Epicycle wrote: I've been trying the new colour module and it's great and very easy to use. Attached is my first attempt
at M51. It's stack of 24x10m exposures with a modded Canon 1100D at iso 1600.
The tube that I used is the 200mm f6 from my dobsonian mounted on a heq5 (guided with PhD via the finder),
The improved Color module was long overdue indeed. I didn't want to wait with introducing it (and other stuff) in 1.4, so I've been backporting stuff instead.
coma was pretty bad, but the Repair module with the preset Redistribute core is avg loc works a treat!
The decon module also works great to bring out details in the arms (in my mac with any radius :thumbsup: thanks Ivo for fixing that),
I remembered someone reported the Decon bug on some forum, but I couldn't find the post to let them know it was fixed! Might that have been you?

Very, very nice job! :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast