Rho ophiuchus Antares

User images created with StarTools.
Rowland

Rho ophiuchus Antares

Post by Rowland »

Here is another StarTools post processed image.

Have to say that the new colour module is a breeze to use. I used an inverted luminance/brightness mask to saturate the large nebulous regions, as an experiment, rather than applying a mask over the whole image. I think it achieved the goal. The mask excluded Blue, because it was getting over saturated.

Develop 98%, Wipe defaults, HDR DSO, Life power of inverse, colour, fringe killer. Isolated a few larger stars in the corners with a manually created mask and used Warp to round them.

The image was processed from a dithered stack of 26 calibrated images. Bias 50 frames. Darks 10 frames, Superflat 10 frames.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rho ophiuchus Antares

Post by admin »

artefact wrote:Here is another StarTools post processed image.

Have to say that the new colour module is a breeze to use. I used an inverted luminance/brightness mask to saturate the large nebulous regions, as an experiment, rather than applying a mask over the whole image. I think it achieved the goal. The mask excluded Blue, because it was getting over saturated.

Develop 98%, Wipe defaults, HDR DSO, Life power of inverse, colour, fringe killer. Isolated a few larger stars in the corners with a manually created mask and used Warp to round them.

The image was processed from a dithered stack of 26 calibrated images. Bias 50 frames. Darks 10 frames, Superflat 10 frames.
Exquisite - the colours are absolutely spot-on!
1.3.5 will have some further enhancements to the Color module, making thing a tad more user friendly.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast