StarTools helped me win a Cloudy Nights Challenge

User images created with StarTools.
Jeff2011

StarTools helped me win a Cloudy Nights Challenge

Post by Jeff2011 »

I have less than a year of experience with DSO AP. In June I entered the Cloudy Nights Beginner DSO challenge and won. I was just learning autoguiding at the time and was struggling with it. The old dec backlash issue with my celestron mount. StarTools played a big role in saving the image and winning the day. My thanks to Ivo and the StarTools team for creating such a wonderful image processing program.

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ ... ll/fpart/1
Rowland

Re: StarTools helped me win a Cloudy Nights Challenge

Post by Rowland »

Well done Geoff. The difference is very clear. StarTools is unique among processing packages. The results continue to be a delight.
admin
Site Admin

Re: StarTools helped me win a Cloudy Nights Challenge

Post by admin »

A fantastic effort Jeff and congratulations! :thumbsup: Getting to this stage in such a short amount of time is something to be proud of for sure! I'm stoked that StarTools has been instrumental in expressing your artistic vision for your data.

For all the hard work that goes into StarTools, I still regard ST merely as a necessary evil. If I could invent a brain-to-computer interface to translate your thoughts and creativity into image processing commands - the shortest route from raw data to the perfect image - I would. For now we'll have to make due with ST.

Looking forward to where you take this next! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast