NGC2244 Rosette bi-colour

User images created with StarTools.
ChrisLX200

NGC2244 Rosette bi-colour

Post by ChrisLX200 »

I used StarTools 1.4b to create this bi-colour image of the Rosette nebula, using the LRGB function with Red for H-alpha and Blue for OIII. There were only two 1200s subs available for the OIII but 10 for the Ha (the noise reduction in StarTools works wonders though :-) ).
Scope: TV NP127is + 0.8x reducer
CCD: Atik490EX @ 1x1
Mount: Losmandy G11
Guide: TV Pronto + Lodestar.

ChrisH
admin
Site Admin

Re: NGC2244 Rosette bi-colour

Post by admin »

Ok, I'll just come out and say it... *how* are you cranking out such amazing images in such rapid succession!? :shock:

May I ask how long you've been doing this? Your processing is of a very high caliber (as I think I said before). If you don't mind, tells us a little about yourself!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
ChrisLX200

Post by ChrisLX200 »

admin wrote:Ok, I'll just come out and say it... *how* are you cranking out such amazing images in such rapid succession!? :shock:

May I ask how long you've been doing this? Your processing is of a very high caliber (as I think I said before). If you don't mind, tells us a little about yourself!
Thanks Ivo! In fact I've not been able to get much imaging done at all over the last couple of months due to persistant poor weather, but when a clear spell does arrive I try to make the best of it. Being retired I can stay up all night :) I've just passed my 1st aniversary as an astro-imager so about 13months experience, but for many years before that I was into visual astronomy. Sadly, my eyesight is not what it was so I moved away from visual observing and into imaging which I love. I have all the software tools but I started out with StarTools and prefer to use it. I run my rig from a cosy Obs, the scope sits outside in the cold but I stay nice and warm so long Winter sessions are not a chore :) Pics of my Obs are here: http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisL ... tro%20Shed
My main scope is the TeleVue NP127is, it's a superb imaging OTA and that's why I bought it. This scope has only one purpose and has never had an eyepiece in it. I also have some other OTA's included a heavily modified 10" LX200, I'm also a home machinist so have the workshop facilities for most DIY engineering needs - quite handy and it fits in well because there are always bits and pieces that need making which would otherwise be very expensive to buy!

Chris
AndyBooth

Post by AndyBooth »

Chris,
I second Ivo's comments, you are producing some really top notch work.
:mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It really is most impressive for a mere 1 year's work and getting to grips with AP. I thought you appeared 'out of nowhere' and wasn't wrong then :D
Typically the same names appear in various places/forums and one can follow their progress. But you most definitely hit the ground running! I'm sure the impressive observatory and years of visual observations helped a great deal.

Please do keep up the good work!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast