Potentially Annoying Question

General discussion about StarTools.
Soundologist

Potentially Annoying Question

Post by Soundologist »

This question is specifically meant for Ivo.

Hi Ivo,

I was recently considering adding a set of SHO narrowband filters to my equipment to get a taste of narrowband imaging. I would rather not switch to PixInsight due to cost, and because I find the StarTools interface to be very user-friendly and intuitive (Detail-aware intelligent denoise & the creator of the software being so active on the forums to answer user questions and requests fairly quickly are also huge pluses). I have come to love ST in every way as my processing tool. In short, your software is awesome and I love it.

I recently saw a forum viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1441 in which you talked about an upcoming version having presets for processing Hubble SHO, and even mentioned your image example being processed in ST version 1.5

The current bleeding edge is still 1.4, and I get that 1.5 might not be ready to be open to the public yet. Software takes time, and I'm sure to get a software package of the high quality you do there's plenty of time put in. I'm just wondering if you plan to be releasing it anytime soon or if you're early enough on that it's still uncertain. I'm sure you get this a lot, but I'm simply curious as an SHO package in ST sounds incredible.

Once again, thanks for being an awesome dev and giving users an awesome processing tool with great support for all levels of imagers.

Cheers,
Rob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Potentially Annoying Question

Post by admin »

PM - with good news - sent! :)
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast