re-doing the same steps?

General discussion about StarTools.
mikey2000

re-doing the same steps?

Post by mikey2000 »

I've had great fun with StarTools but I'm definitely still a novice.

I've been having some success but every now and then, the app crashes and I have to start again.

The trouble is, I can't remember what settings I made! I have to work my way through the steps, trying my best to recall what I did at each stage.

So, my question... Is there some kind of 'History' saved somewhere? Or is it possible to save settings/steps so they can be reapplied (or even applied to another stack?)

Thanks
Mike
Cheman

Re: re-doing the same steps?

Post by Cheman »

Wherever you have startools installed, find the distro folder, in there is a text file StarTools.log this keeps track of what you have done on each image you have worked on. the most recent being the last part of the file. It keeps all of the images worked on until/unless you delete it
Che
Cheman

Post by Cheman »

as far as applying the steps automatically to an image, that currently is a no go. It's been suggested before, but not implemented. Ivo usually has good reasons for adding or not adding features ;)
Che
mikey2000

Post by mikey2000 »

Ah ha! That log file contains exactly what I was looking for.

HAving a way to automate applying the same steps would be quite handy. I often have my processing time limited by things like having to go to work etc. If I shut down startools and the computer, it would be *very* handy to have a way to reload the steps up to where I last left off. Until there is an automatic way, the log file looks like what I need though.

Thanks!