Program

General discussion about StarTools.
Ridgesoar

Program

Post by Ridgesoar »

This is completely discouraging.
THE PROGRAM KEPT LOCKING UP,ON ME WITH A VERY POWERFUL,FOUR PROCESSOR COMPUTER AND FINNALY I WAS ABLE TO COMLETELY DUMP FOR THE FOURTH TIME AND RWLOAD. SO NOW IT WORKED UNTIL I GOT TO SAVE- THEN Of course I find that I'm in demo mode and all my work to,produce maybe my best image cn't be saved. I'M PISSED
HOW DO I GET MY LICENSED PROGRAM BACK A D WORKING? ANYONE CARE?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Program

Post by admin »

Hi,

I understand you're frustrated, but you've been asked 4(!) times now in 3 separate threads by multiple users for your system's specs and how much RAM you have available.

It appears your description of the problem goes back and forth between the program being slow (a low RAM condition or CPU overheating condition), locking up (a software issue) and the complete system locking up (an OS/driver or hardware issue).

Does the 1.4.x version exhibit the same behaviour? Is your system running hot when using StarTools?

As stated elsewhere, to even start diagnosing the problem we need as much info as you can provide.

Thank you,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Ridgesoar

Post by Ridgesoar »

Sorry about the rant. I haven't given my computer specs because the program has always worked and I have a very new powerfull laptop that is NOT the problem. I've just discovered another site for you on Mozilla and sent you a question about how to regain my purchased copy. The demo mode worked great so there was something in the four downloads that was corrupted. I hope I can get the same results when I get back on line. Fantastic.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I received the form you filled out and replied to you. I also resent you your license + instructions.

Can you remember which other site you visited? There should only be one site that hosts the StarTools downloads. If someone else is hosting the downloads, that is a big problem!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Ridgesoar

Post by Ridgesoar »

I'll really go back and try look for them soon. When I stumbled on your real site it was quite different from the one that I have been downloading. Thnaks for the license.