Startools won't let me save.

General discussion about StarTools.
John Pungello

Startools won't let me save.

Post by John Pungello »

I am using DSS to stack my frames and saving the output image as a 16 bit tiff file. StarTools wont let me save any of my images. The save dialog box only has "All Files" as an option to save, then gives me a message that Startools only saves 16 bit tiff or 8 bit jpeg or png files. I just upgraded and have an active license. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a screenshot of the final message. Please notice that the image is a tiff file.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg (465.83 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Startools won't let me save.

Post by admin »

Hi John,

That's strange... Can you try changing the .TIF extension to .tiff (lower case) in the file save dialog?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
John Pungello

Re: Startools won't let me save.

Post by John Pungello »

Hey Ivo.

Sorry for the bother. I figured out what I was doing wrong. In the newer versions of StarTools you need to manually put the .tiff extension on the file name. In the older 1.3 version that I have been using for the last 2 years it will ask you if you want to save the file as .tiff. so I would just click yes. The image will save as long as I add .tiff to the file name.

Thanks for being so responsive and for making an excellent program even better with the new revisions. I am currently reprocessing older data and I think I am getting better quality Images then before. :D