Welcome!

General discussion about StarTools.

Welcome!

Postby admin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 am

Hi and welcome to the StarTools forum!

StarTools has been released as of the 1st of March 2011 and can be found in the download section.
Don't hesitate to use the forum to let us know what you think and how we can improve StarTools!

We hope you enjoy your stay,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Postby dmtarry » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi
I have downloaded Startools onto a newish MacBook Pro and am unable to get it to open, it is saying that the reference files are not available in the folder or an issue with read write? When i tried last week on my older MacBook i copied the folder onto the desktop so all files were together to get round this issue but this doesn't seem to work on the new one?

**I have read this but don't really understand what is being suggested?
Some macOS users may need to run "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine StarTools.app" to un-quarantine StarTools.

** I tried this but it left me with a dialog box ?
Alternatively StarTools can be launched via control + click on the application, Show Package Contents, navigating to Contents/MacOS and clicking on the application.

Tried the 1.4 version though this one simply flashes as though its going to load and then nothing happens?

Can you advise on what i should do to get a clean direct copy on my machine rather than a folder if possible?

Thanks David
dmtarry

Return to General Discussion