Newcomer

General discussion about StarTools.
AndyBooth

Newcomer

Post by AndyBooth »

Hello from the UK!
I have stumbled across Startools after seeing great reviews on several forums.
It looks great, and have downloaded the trial to reprocess some of my previous images.
It looks very powerful, and am looking at the tutorials to get me started.
My birthday is in Feb and have asked for money to get the full version, I already like the feel and advertised features,
and can see from peoples results that it is very capable.

My question is this, I have downloaded the manual from the site, but cannot print it out, it says it is corrupt, although I can view it OK.
Is this a problem with my download?

when I purchase a full copy, do I get an up to date manual i can print out for reference?

Thanks!

regards,
Andy
admin
Site Admin

Re: Newcomer

Post by admin »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums!
Firstly, I should say that the manual is getting out of date very quickly, as there have been many updates, changes and improvements to StarTools since writing the manual approx. 18 months ago. At this stage, your best bet are the videos on Youtube and the tutorials posted on the forums, as well as reading the in-application dialogs that help guide/suggest appropriate actions from time to time. Lastly there are the in-app help buttons.

If you want, I can send you a Word document that contains the manual, however this version may suffer from some minor layout issues, depending on your version of Word and/or Open Office. By publishing a PDF document I can assure such problems are kept to a minimum.

If you are using the Adobe PDF reader, another thing you could try is to switch PDF reader (I've had trouble with the Adobe Reader in the past). For Windows systems, I can heartily recommend Foxit reader.

Do let me know how you get on!

Kind regards,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
AndyBooth

Post by AndyBooth »

Just bought for me by my wife Michelle :thumbsup:
Still could do with a printable manual , so please yes, send me a word doc - thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AndyBooth wrote:Just bought for me by my wife Michelle :thumbsup:
Still could do with a printable manual , so please yes, send me a word doc - thanks!
Hi Andy,

Thanks for supporting StarTools! :thumbsup:
I put a Word version up for download. I'm hoping the formatting is ok when viewed in Word (I use Open Office).
You can download it by clicking this link.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
AndyBooth

Post by AndyBooth »

That has worked just fine. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your time and help.

:bow-yellow:

regards,
Andy
arronlee

Post by arronlee »

Thanks for your nice sharing. I am a newbie here, and I was using Adobe PDF reader before, but I will swith to the PDF reader shared by you.
Btw, I am doing research on the related field. I hope we can have some communication later. Thanks again for that. Good luck.
Best Regards,
Arron

I am testing about PDF Printer|PDF Reader.
Do you have any ideas?

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.