Hi from UK and a question!

General discussion about StarTools.
Gasman

Hi from UK and a question!

Post by Gasman »

Hi guys
New to the forum and Hi from not so sunny UK! Just found Star tools doing an image processing search on Google. I`ve just installed the demo Star tools and tried opening a Tiff file which was a result of a stack of 10 fits files done in Deepsky Stacker. I got the message `Failed could not read file make sure its an uncompressed IBM pc byte-order,TIFF or PNG file` I then tried again after loading the TIFF into Photoshop and saving it as a 16bit file but again couldn`t open it in Star tools, wondered if someone could suggest what I`m doing wrong please?
Regards
Steve
AndyBooth

Re: Hi from UK and a question!

Post by AndyBooth »

Hi Mate, I'm from the UK too, Newark on trent.

At work so can't check exact details, but make sure when saving from photoshop, and DSS that you save as 16bit UNCOMPRESSED Microsoft style file,
I believe photshop saves compressed by default.

regards,
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Cheers for that Andy I'm a bit further north from you in York. Yes I'll check how PS saves it. Just sussing out image processing software. I have Astro art and PS at the moment and wondering about Pixinsight and now Star tools but I haven't the time for a steep learning curve so the easier to get to grips with the better.
Atb
Steve ;)
AndyBooth

Post by AndyBooth »

you are going to love star tools, really made a difference to my pics :thumbsup:

I am originally from Bradford by the way, moved yo Newark in 2000.

regards,
Andy
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

AndyBooth wrote:you are going to love star tools, really made a difference to my pics
I'll checkout those tuts Andy.
Thanks again
Steve ;)