Teaser

General discussion about StarTools.
admin
Site Admin

Teaser

Post by admin »

Fully working on anything from Android 1.6 and up.
It remains to be seen how usable this is going to be with the low amount of RAM in devices today, but things have been moving in the right direction of late with more and more 2GB devices coming out! :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
gboulton

Re: Teaser

Post by gboulton »

Dude!

I JUST bought an 8GB galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.0...and best of all, I bought it for astrophotography.

You uh...need a beta tester??? :)
-- Gordon

My Astrobin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe... ;)
It's currently more meant as a tech-demo to coincide with celebrating the 1.3 release (soon! :twisted:), but I'll send you something as soon as I iron out some small issues.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
gboulton

Post by gboulton »

Well, I'll be happy to put it through its paces in April on the western trip.

I've got an old XP laptop that runs the scope and DSLR. The tablet was purchased specifically to remote control it from the camper via a wireless connection.

That laptop could be pushed into service to stack, but obviously it's not going to be doing any processing. And, I don't really have a 2nd laptop of sufficient power to process on the road...especially when electrical power and space will be at a premium for much of the trip. So I'd pretty much resigned myself to just not seeing anything close to "final" results until i got home.

A mobile version on the tablet would change that. :) Each afternoon, while waiting for darkness, I could let the laptop stack, and then spend some time processing on the tablet while acquisition was going on.

Ideal! :thumbsup:
-- Gordon

My Astrobin