WANTED - DSLR image set

General discussion about StarTools.
Rowland

WANTED - DSLR image set

Post by Rowland »

Does anyone have a DSLR RAW image set that they would be happy to share on dropbox? I have two chances of acquiring my own in the foreseeable future - Buckley's and none.

I would like to test a DSO image with a dark background, as all my images are star fields of one sort or another.

When I say an image set, I mean an astro modified DSLR without cooling and with reasonable care taken during acquisition of all frames, bias, dark, flat and light frames. 3 of each will do. I don't need the whole set.

PM me if you can and want to help out. I will run them through the rawprepro script.

Thanks in advance :)

Rowland
almcl

Re: WANTED - DSLR image set

Post by almcl »

Rowland

I have an Astro modded, uncooled Canon 700d and would be happy to share some of my (not very good so far) efforts.

Off to work now but if you care to have a look at my Stargazers Lounge album http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/member/38153-almcl/ and see anything there that might be of use, (there are other efforts but they are even worse!) I'll PM you a dropbox link?
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thanks almcl. What say M51.
asterix2020

Post by asterix2020 »

Hi Rowland,

I think I have a full set for this: http://www.astrobin.com/182338/

I don't think I added the bias images in my final image but I do have some. Camera is a Canon CDS-600.

Let me know if they are what you are after I will upload them.
Last edited by asterix2020 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almcl

Post by almcl »

Rowland

You have a PM. Let me know if it doesn't work?

Al
Skywatcher 190MN, ASI 2600 or astro modded Canon 700d, guided by OAG, ASI120, PHD2
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi Paul. Thank you.

That will be ideal. Along with almcl's set, a good cross section of targets.
asterix2020

Post by asterix2020 »

I will upload them to dropbox today and will let you know.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thanks Al and Paul.

I just wanted to see how the script handled different image sets/cameras.From what I can see, wysiwyg. The dcraw options for raw to tiff conversion is as representative of the original as is possible. The script is not going to fix any variations in acquisition between frames, except maybe by averaging, but this is not always ideal. Bigger image sets might mask the odd outsider. The script does best with frames of similar temperature and exposure time. The advantage is that data is being retained and used to the maximum extent, and despite not using pixel rejection at any stage of preprocessing the frames produce nice clean images.