Please beware of the following website and individual

General discussion about StarTools.

Re: Please beware of the following website and individual

Postby ChrisLX200 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Oh he is obviously smart, but bad advice is bad advice which ever way you look at it. What's the saying? He can talk-the-talk but cannot walk-the-walk when it comes to astrophotography ;-)

Chris
ChrisLX200

Postby LanFeusT » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Hmm... actually I'm sorry you're right he's not on the list of mods.

His name shows up in red which I thought was admin/mod. Apparently not, not sure what that means, he's the only one with his name in red.

Thanks for the link!
LanFeusT

Postby ecuador » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 am

Oh, I had come across that site when I was searching sources to help someone understand how ISO works on DSLRs and Clark's article seemed logical, and then I clicked on the next... He claims that post-2008 Canons do not need dark/light/bias frames as they have "on sensor dark current suppression" and the RAW converter will take care of the rest! He has nice examples and everything.
Well, I guess my 2011 Canon (600D) is a dud, since it still needs darks... :( Also, I can't find the preset "80ED with TRF-2008 reducer, camera rotated 138 degrees, some dust specs" on the RAW converter lens tab to avoid the flats... :(
Seriously, where did he find that "dark current suppression" thing, he seems to be the only source!
ecuador

Previous

Return to General Discussion