User Manual Will Not Print

Bugs, glitches and unexpected behaviour.
jcm

User Manual Will Not Print

Post by jcm »

Hi,

I have just downloaded the user manual , thought I would read it while waiting for confirmation
of my order. ( just bought the program)

The manual downloaded OK but it will not print out. All other pdf files I have print fine.

( windows 7 , 64 bit)

Error message says "document cannot be printed" and "there are no pages selected to print"

John
admin
Site Admin

Re: User Manual Will Not Print

Post by admin »

Hi John,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with printing the manual. It's the first time I've come across this particular problem.

Can you confirm for me you can view the manual in your PDF reader without problems?
Can you confirm for me you can print the tutorials without problems?
If the issue is confined to just the manual, I can send you a Word document that contains the manual, however this version may suffer from some minor layout issues, depending on your version of Word and/or Open Office. By publishing a PDF document I can assure such problems are kept to a minimum.

If you are using the Adobe PDF reader, another thing you could try is to switch PDF reader (I've had trouble with the Adobe Reader in the past). For Windows systems, I can heartily recommend Foxit reader.

Lastly, I should say that the manual is definitely in need of an update, as there have been many updates and improvements to StarTools since writing the manual approx. one year ago.

Do let me know how you get on!

Kind regards,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
jcm

Re: User Manual Will Not Print

Post by jcm »

Hi Ivo,

I can print the tutorials without any problems.

I can read the individual pages of the manual using the Adobe reader.

Will try using an older Xp machine as this has an older version of the Adobe reader on it.

John