beta version 1.3185 colour rendering in Develop

Bugs, glitches and unexpected behaviour.
Rowland

beta version 1.3185 colour rendering in Develop

Post by Rowland »

etaDevelop13185.jpeg
etaDevelop13185.jpeg (186.75 KiB) Viewed 7594 times
Morning Ivo. FYI. I am using the latest beta version. So this does not refer to the production version.

I notice that you have fixed the issue in 1.3184 where the green capping function was distorting stars. I did intend providing feedback but got distracted with other things.

Opening the Eta image linear and using Develop, as in the screen shot, produces a brownish image across the whole frame, which I have not been able to correct in Wipe, Colour or by any other means. In previous versions the same image would render the nice Ha pink in Develop.

Rowland.
admin
Site Admin

Re: beta version 1.3185 colour rendering in Develop

Post by admin »

Hi Rowland,

The brown definitely bears the signature of light pollution, so Wipe should have been able to remove it (it does with the image you posted, but that's obviously already been stretched).

Would it at all be possible for you to send me the linear version of the image so I can investigate this?
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Morning Ivo. No time to get back to you and I see that you have posted an update. I'll give that a go first.

Rowland.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I think I have identified the problem. The image in question is a combination of 2 nights imaging, 57 frames in all. I suspect that variations in acquisition methods over successive nights may have introduced a somewhat lower quality set of exposures into the set overall. The difference is startling and probably why I have not spent any more time on the first set. In-fact on closer inspection the colour distribution is very different and much flatter in the 2 set combination.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Rowland. If you ever feel like it may be the software at fault, do let me know!

Cheers,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast