Processing Startools Log file

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
saublestarman

Processing Startools Log file

Post by saublestarman »

Ivo,
Would it be possible to have Startools use the StarTools.log file or maybe a new format log file to effectively save my work and later resume where I left off?

I could then reload the original image I was working on and then ask Startools to replay the last editing session. It may take a few minutes to regenerate everything I did but it would give me the freedom to effectively "save my work" and resume editing at a later time.

Peter
micheleorsini

Re: Processing Startools Log file

Post by micheleorsini »

+1 for me
use case I stumble upon almost every time:
1. I have my workflow and I go through it completely
2. save the final tiff image and share with my buddy
3. some points emerge from the discussion that require to repeat everything as before except a few changes ("it's too red", "try with a little more/less develop")
4. it would be veeeeery nice if I can instruct Startools to repeat n steps up to a point

Michele
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

+1 for me too. I'm glad the log file is there to allow me to re-do my processing, but it is such a pain. Given that StarTools has a log file I'd been wondering whether it could be saved as a sidecar file or some such, along with the TIFF (or input FITS?), and then used by StarTools to re-perform the sequence of actions. Being able to step through the actions one by one and start taking the processing in a different direction at some point would be very helpful too. As an occasional user of Lightroom, I find that its history feature a really useful asset.

Ian
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

+1 from me too. Anything that can aid reproducibility is good.

Likewise if I can script processing steps, even if I'm mostly relying on automated parameter calculation.

Cheers,
Cam