Interface Tweaks Part 2

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Troy Galebach

Interface Tweaks Part 2

Post by Troy Galebach »

Hi Ivo,
As with my first feature request, this isn't earth shattering, I'll let you decide if it is worth your time, and that of the community.
I think it would be beneficial when starting StarTools if the logfile were cleared. Then when you save your processed image, StarTools would also copy the logfile alongside the image with the same name and .log suffix, then clear the StarTools main logfile. I suspect some method to save and continue at a later date would have to be considered, but don't know the internals of the program well enough to know for certain.

Logically
1. Load image after clearing logfile
2. Process the image to your satisfaction
3. Save image with Log automatically copied alongside the saved Image with same name, but log suffix.

Don't know where you want to go as far as macros or if that were considered at all, but that is for you to decide, it would make it much easier to repeat the processing, even if you just printed it out.

Regards,
Troy
happy-kat

Re: Interface Tweaks Part 2

Post by happy-kat »

If I want to specifically save a process exercise I copy it by hand from the log file to a txt file in the processed file destination folder.
The log file is easy to search in and is what I do if wanting to see how I did something last month/year etc.
Troy Galebach

Re: Interface Tweaks Part 2

Post by Troy Galebach »

happy-kat wrote:If I want to specifically save a process exercise I copy it by hand from the log file to a txt file in the processed file destination folder.
The log file is easy to search in and is what I do if wanting to see how I did something last month/year etc.
Thank you for the reply happy-kat. I'm aware of that, and it is what I'm doing presently, that is why I'll leave it up to Ivo and the group to decide the idea's merit. For me it would work, but others may not see value in it. Ivo is a limited resource, and I don't expect that all, or even any of my ramblings will be implemented, but if I don't speak up, how will anybody know whether they agree or not.
Thanks again for the reply, Clear Skies!
Troy