Ability to create Previews...

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
mcbbcn

Ability to create Previews...

Post by mcbbcn »

Hi,

I would love to have the ability to create smaller preview windows, (eventually everywhere) but specially in processor intensive steps like Life, Wipe, Sharp, Denoise, & HDR. By the way, it works awesome in the deconvolution module.

Also, I would love to see the ability to create star masks that look rounded instead of squarish...

...and ability to see stretched linear images during LRGB combination...

Thank you!

M.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ability to create Previews...

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback - some good stuff here!
mcbbcn wrote: I would love to have the ability to create smaller preview windows, (eventually everywhere) but specially in processor intensive steps like Life, Wipe, Sharp, Denoise, & HDR.
Unfortunately, not all modules are suitable for creating smaller previews. Often, the problem is that pixels that fall outside the preview window have a large impact on the pixels that fall within the preview window. Therefore pixels that fall outside the preview window need to be calculated anyway to give an accurate preview.
By the way, it works awesome in the deconvolution module.
Here we can sort of get away with doing only a partial deconvolution, but even here you'll notice that pixels around the edges of the preview window are not correctly deconvolved.
Also, I would love to see the ability to create star masks that look rounded instead of squarish...
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by squarish - do you mean the result that you get when using 'grow' and 'shrink'?
...and ability to see stretched linear images during LRGB combination...
Definitely! :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
mcbbcn

Post by mcbbcn »

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for the quick reply, good stuff!

Regarding star masks, I meant that when I do a star mask, the mask itself around the star looks like a square instead of circle and I believe that affect star halos or when contrast adjustments around the star, it looks like it's leaving a square-looking footprint around the star...I could be wrong though...

M.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmmm... That sounds strange... :think: For this too, it would greatly help if you could post (you can attach images on this forum) a crop of a problematic area that I can throw into StarTools to try & replicate the problem.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
mcbbcn

Post by mcbbcn »

I'll see if I can replicate it again...Thanks Ivo!