Saving to fits format?

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Gasman

Saving to fits format?

Post by Gasman »

Hi Ivo
I'm very pleased with how Star tools is working with the spectra I'm taking but although the Spectroscopy software I use will happily take Tiff and Fits files it will only allow further tweaking on Fits files and I'm wondering if Star tools could be adapted to save in Fits format in a later version ? With spectra in fits format you can have an unwanted feature called 'smile' where the spectra is curved (like a smile!) which can give false readings and this spectro software can deal with that but only as a fits!.
Cheers
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving to fits format?

Post by admin »

Gasman wrote:Hi Ivo
I'm very pleased with how Star tools is working with the spectra I'm taking but although the Spectroscopy software I use will happily take Tiff and Fits files it will only allow further tweaking on Fits files and I'm wondering if Star tools could be adapted to save in Fits format in a later version ? With spectra in fits format you can have an unwanted feature called 'smile' where the spectra is curved (like a smile!) which can give false readings and this spectro software can deal with that but only as a fits!.
Cheers
Steve
I'll add this as a feature request - thanks Steve!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast