Batch/Repeat processing with log file?

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
puckja

Batch/Repeat processing with log file?

Post by puckja »

New users here. I found that ST will output a text file for all the process implemented on the image. I wonder if it is possible to
1) Use the log file as input to automatic process new file (which maybe the same target but gone through different stacking process)
2) When one day ST will accept command line input, the one may fire up like: StarTools M42.tif -proc file
This may allow some on-the-fly processing
3) One may compare the end results with different combination or "order of application" with the similar processing steps. So one does not have to mouse clicking all the steps but just edit the log file and use it as new input to get different processing results.

I hope that I made myself clear. And I will appreciate your pointing if some of them has been implemented in the current version (including beta).

Thanks!

Puck
admin
Site Admin

Re: Batch/Repeat processing with log file?

Post by admin »

puckja wrote:New users here. I found that ST will output a text file for all the process implemented on the image. I wonder if it is possible to
1) Use the log file as input to automatic process new file (which maybe the same target but gone through different stacking process)
2) When one day ST will accept command line input, the one may fire up like: StarTools M42.tif -proc file
This may allow some on-the-fly processing
3) One may compare the end results with different combination or "order of application" with the similar processing steps. So one does not have to mouse clicking all the steps but just edit the log file and use it as new input to get different processing results.

I hope that I made myself clear. And I will appreciate your pointing if some of them has been implemented in the current version (including beta).

Thanks!

Puck
Thanks for the suggestion Puck! You might be interested in this thread where another user suggest something along the same lines. Rest assured it's on my mind for the next development iteration after 1.3.5!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
puckja

Post by puckja »

Ivo:

Thank for the reply. I look forward to the glorified version of the similar idea been implemented. In the mean time, I guess it would be no way to re-apply processing steps according to the log file.

So if I mouse click in all the steps by following the log file, will my results be exactly the same (assuming applied on the same file)?

Thanks!
puckja

Post by puckja »

And I just realized that the 1.3.5.258 does not save log file anymore?
Cheman

Post by Cheman »

This just came up yesterday. According to Ivo "As of the latest 1.3.5 betas, the StarTools.log file should be located in the folder where the executable resides".........That is indeed where I found it
Che
puckja

Post by puckja »

Thanks a lot for the hint. It is right there. :)