Small request but I think an important one

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Cheman

Small request but I think an important one

Post by Cheman »

Hi Ivo
A while back I was processing an image and I went to minimize the window. I accidentally hit the close button by mistake and the program shut down without asking if I was sure this is what I wanted to do or giving me an option to save. Could you implement a fail safe to the close button so it would require another action before shutting down?

thanks
Che
admin
Site Admin

Re: Small request but I think an important one

Post by admin »

Cheman wrote:Hi Ivo
A while back I was processing an image and I went to minimize the window. I accidentally hit the close button by mistake and the program shut down without asking if I was sure this is what I wanted to do or giving me an option to save. Could you implement a fail safe to the close button so it would require another action before shutting down?

thanks
Che
Thanks Che,

Someone else brought this up before. I'm hoping to address this in 1.4 in conjunction with the workspace saving, etc. I'm thinking this feature should be able to restore the full workspace upon an abrupt closure. Additionally, I'll see what individual OS best practices are, as I'm not sure if interception of a window closing gesture is recommended practice (although I know plenty of apps that are guilty of this).
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast