General Usability Features

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
terrym2002uk

General Usability Features

Post by terrym2002uk »

Hi Ivo,

I don't know if it would be possible for you to implement the following features. None of these are desperate, but would be nice touch.

1. On the crop window, could we tone down the green a little or invert the selection. Its sometimes very difficult to see faint detail underneath to get the crop area exact without doing it a few times. A cross in the center would also be a nice addition.

2. Ability to ctrl+click on controls to reset them to the default value. After a tweaking session I sometimes forget where I started and have to quit and re-enter the module.

3. In the modules a quick method to flash the current mask up, like you get after you set the mask and return to the module screen.

4. Ability to create a small preview area in more of the processor intensive modules, such as color.

Cheers
Terry
Site Admin

Re: General Usability Features

Post by admin »

terrym2002uk wrote:Hi Ivo,

I don't know if it would be possible for you to implement the following features. None of these are desperate, but would be nice touch.

1. On the crop window, could we tone down the green a little or invert the selection. Its sometimes very difficult to see faint detail underneath to get the crop area exact without doing it a few times. A cross in the center would also be a nice addition.

2. Ability to ctrl+click on controls to reset them to the default value. After a tweaking session I sometimes forget where I started and have to quit and re-enter the module.

3. In the modules a quick method to flash the current mask up, like you get after you set the mask and return to the module screen.

4. Ability to create a small preview area in more of the processor intensive modules, such as color.

Cheers
Thanks Terry, these are great suggestions!

1. Done and done.
2. I now added a 'Reset' button to the Dev module, the rest of the modules should have reset or preset buttons where applicable. Resetting an individual parameter to a default would usually not make a whole lot of sense, as a lot of parameters influence each other.

3 and 4 are great suggestions and will take a bit more time to implement.

1.1.118 is now up for download.

Thanks again!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
terrym2002uk

Re: General Usability Features

Post by terrym2002uk »

Hi Ivo,

That's great. I wasn't expecting such a fast turnaround.

1. That's exactly what I was looking for. So much easier to frame the area now and works a treat.

2. Thanks. Agree that it would make little point resetting individual parameters now I think about it.

3+4. Just ideas, but as and when.

Thanks
Terry