StarTools general

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
Ridgesoar

Lockup

Post by Ridgesoar »

Just reloaded 1.3 after dumping because of extrememly slow performance. Now it locks up,the hole computer when I select autodev. Only way out is a force quit of whole laptop. Any solutions??
ChrisLX200

Re: Lockup

Post by ChrisLX200 »

What are the specs of your laptop - how much free memory? DSLR images tend to be large so choosing to bin it 2x2 first before anything else would probably help.

ChrisH
Ridgesoar

Post by Ridgesoar »

Thanks. I'll try but this worked fine with my dslr up to now. 64 bit , 4 processor Windows 8. Went from great to unusable on this computer.
Ridgesoar

Post by Ridgesoar »

Should have been clearer I think --this not only locks up Startools but locks my whole computer
ecuador

Post by ecuador »

How much RAM and what size image? How about v1.4?
Ridgesoar

Slow software and lockup

Post by Ridgesoar »

This has happened to me a while back and I can't figure out how to solve it again--VERY slow to load or do any task and likely to just lockup on crop. If it doesn't lock on crop it can take 10 min to keep,it. About unworkable.
Version stable 1.3 on wimdows 8 -64 bit with three processors
Ridgesoar

Re: Slow software and lockup

Post by Ridgesoar »

Additional info. As I sit here it has locked and even locked my curser arrow as well so I can't even shut it down without forced shutdown of my computer
Ridgesoar

StarTools general

Post by Ridgesoar »

Pretty discouraged. I've even dumped and reloaded StarTools to no avail--/ very, very slow to the point of useless .
Not a comtputer problem tha I can see--64 bit win 8 , Three progeserors
Burly

Re: StarTools general

Post by Burly »

what specs is your computer ram etc ,HDD or ssd
Ridgesoar

Post by Ridgesoar »

My fourth time of completely dumping and reloading did the trick. Working in a timely manner now. Why?? BTW my computer is a powerful dude!