Crashing issues and saved files look bad

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
Jonm287

Crashing issues and saved files look bad

Post by Jonm287 »

HI all,
I'm using ver. 1.3.5.289 on Windows 10 pro, and attempting to process a rather bad digital pic of Orion nebula. I'll open the file, run autodev, click wipe and Startools shuts down without an error. Always repeatable.
Ran a photo of the recent lunar eclipse, got things looking quite nice within the app, but when I save the image as a .tiff, the resulting saved file looks like a badly compressed jpeg. I seem to remember having this issue a while back and it might have had something to do with my license file?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing issues and saved files look bad

Post by admin »

Jonm287 wrote:HI all,
I'm using ver. 1.3.5.289 on Windows 10 pro, and attempting to process a rather bad digital pic of Orion nebula. I'll open the file, run autodev, click wipe and Startools shuts down without an error. Always repeatable.
Ran a photo of the recent lunar eclipse, got things looking quite nice within the app, but when I save the image as a .tiff, the resulting saved file looks like a badly compressed jpeg. I seem to remember having this issue a while back and it might have had something to do with my license file?
Hi Jon,

If you could send send me your email from your PayPal-nominated email address (via Private Message or StarTools contact form), I'll resend you your license if you think it might be corrupted.

Thanks!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast