Star Tools long waiting periods

Questions and answers about problems with the software, modules or functionality.
JulianZoller

Star Tools long waiting periods

Post by JulianZoller »

Hello :)

First of all: I really love the programm and enjoy working with it.
The problem Im haveing right now is, that since I updated to the full version everything seems to take a very long time.
No matter if I use Deconvultion or the star repair tool it takes up between 5 and 20 minutes to show the results (creating a star mask for example took me 15 minutes).
The strange thing is, that I didnt have these problems when useing the demo version.

Is there any way to update Star Tools or any other solution to fix the problem`?

Thank you for you help!
Greetings,
Julian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Tools long waiting periods

Post by admin »

JulianZoller wrote:Hello :)

First of all: I really love the programm and enjoy working with it.
The problem Im haveing right now is, that since I updated to the full version everything seems to take a very long time.
No matter if I use Deconvultion or the star repair tool it takes up between 5 and 20 minutes to show the results (creating a star mask for example took me 15 minutes).
The strange thing is, that I didnt have these problems when useing the demo version.

Is there any way to update Star Tools or any other solution to fix the problem`?

Thank you for you help!
Greetings,
Julian
Hmmm... :think:
That sounds really odd...
Could you tell me which version of StarTools you are using, what operating system you are running, whether it is 32 or 64-bit and how high the resolution of your images is?
15 minutes for a star mask is outrageous! :shock:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast