1.4.297 Alpha

Information on new releases and the latest new features.

Re: 1.4.297 Alpha

Postby robbeh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi,

64bit support on my Mac, thanks so much :thumbsup: Nevertheless, when I start the File -> Open dialog, ST sometimes chrashes (the beach ball of death), or it opens, but no menu is shown. Okay, it is alpha software :)

Keep up working on StarTools, it is much apprechiated.

Robert
robbeh

Postby admin » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:14 am

Alvinillo wrote:I've checked this new release to find bugs and this is what i got:

Many thanks for this! (and posting the data!)

All confirmed.

robbeh wrote:ST sometimes crashes (the beach ball of death), or it opens, but no menu is shown.

Thanks for reporting this. Will do some more sleuthing on MacOSX... Just got a bug report on some funky behavior on Linux that could be related. :think:
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
admin
Site Admin

Postby andrewbarton » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi Ivo,

I am very excited to have 64 bit support for the Mac. Thank you for putting your time into this.

I am seeing some issues with the alpha as expected. I have the occasional crash on open file but this is a random occurrence. One crash I can reproduce every time happens on Develop when I press the "Home In" button.

When I comment in the crash reporter on my Mac, do you get this information? Or would it be helpful to send you the crash reporter log that comes up in this window?

Thanks for producing such an excellent astrophotography post processing tool. StarTools is the fasted way I have to get from stacked calibrated images to a final product I have by an order of magnitude.
andrewbarton

Postby admin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:39 pm

andrewbarton wrote:Hi Ivo,

I am very excited to have 64 bit support for the Mac. Thank you for putting your time into this.

I am seeing some issues with the alpha as expected. I have the occasional crash on open file but this is a random occurrence. One crash I can reproduce every time happens on Develop when I press the "Home In" button.

When I comment in the crash reporter on my Mac, do you get this information? Or would it be helpful to send you the crash reporter log that comes up in this window?

Thanks for producing such an excellent astrophotography post processing tool. StarTools is the fasted way I have to get from stacked calibrated images to a final product I have by an order of magnitude.

Thanks Andrew. 1.4.299 was just released. It attempts to fix some of the stability issues you (and others) mentioned. Do let me know how this version works out for you. The frustrating thing is that I've been unable to reproduce the 'open file crash' on MacOSX, though I've made some changes that could have fixed it. I'll keep trying...
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New Releases