Help with Wipe, Develop

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Rowland

Re: Help with Wipe, Develop

Post by Rowland »

No success with Regim stacking. I find it selects images out and your left with 30% of the loaded images to stack. I guess I'll just have work out the best settings.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - will post results - I used tiff files produced by the script I wrote for purpose instead of loading RAW files.

Median combine seems to be the best. Not Sigma combine as shown. The green cast is typical of some programs. I found Wipe handled it well if Median combined.
Regim settings.jpg
Regim settings.jpg (146.47 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

These are better settings when using tiff files. I found the files from the script worked well, as did the master frames converted back to tiff.
Attachments
Regim settings for 16 bit tiff files.jpg
Regim settings for 16 bit tiff files.jpg (149.56 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
N_DD

Post by N_DD »

Thanks Rowland!

I've managed to register images in regim, now I am trying to compare the output with what I get from DSS. Using your script produces good calibrated images! And since I will be taking some forced pause from DSO photography (my latitude is 51 N, so no more real dark nights for ~2 months!) I will have plenty of time for experimenting.

Nico
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Nico. Thanks for testing all this. I will be very interested to hear about your comparisons.

EDIT: I cant believe I did that - Regim nested in Pixinsight posted on the StarTools forum - not intentional, I assure you.