Startup Handholding

Requests for new features and wish-list items.
Davo

Startup Handholding

Post by Davo »

Hi,
I am new to DSO work but I have definitely got the bug now. I just tried ST for the first time and as usual I jumped in without reading the manual and got nowhere fast.

I wondered if you could add a dialog on first use offering to work thru a simple example image (included with distro) that would introduce the basics. This would at least let people see how they can change a black FITS into a colourful image.

just a thought
Dave
admin
Site Admin

Re: Startup Handholding

Post by admin »

Davo wrote:Hi,
I am new to DSO work but I have definitely got the bug now. I just tried ST for the first time and as usual I jumped in without reading the manual and got nowhere fast.

I wondered if you could add a dialog on first use offering to work thru a simple example image (included with distro) that would introduce the basics. This would at least let people see how they can change a black FITS into a colourful image.

just a thought
Dave
Hi Dave,

It's 'just a thought' that I've been sharing for a while! I think an in-built tutorial or 'suggested' work flow is a great idea. Something along those lines is on the drawing board for 1.4. For now, I hope the YouTube videos (which include all data, so they can be replicated in detail) are useful for this purpose in the meantime.

Cheers,
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Ridgesoar

Re: Startup Handholding

Post by Ridgesoar »

Oh, please do this !!! Soon. I'd even buy.