Re: Building a new system

General discussion about StarTools.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gboulton wrote: Ivo, I told you over on Reddit how much I appreciate you and your software...wanted to echo that here. My two favorite pieces of software in this hobby are StarTools and BackyardEOS, and a large part of the reason is that you and Guylain seem not only willing, but genuinely enthusiastic about making the hobby a bit easier, and a bit more fun, for the "average guy". It's appreciated! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Thanks so much for your kind feedback here and on Reddit. :D There's no budget for advertising so StarTools relies solely on word-of-mouth. I've now started a testimonial thread, so if you are okay with it then I'd love to add your comment to this list. Or, if you wish, do post your own.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
gboulton

Post by gboulton »

admin wrote: I've now started a testimonial thread, so if you are okay with it then I'd love to add your comment to this list.
By all means, please do. :D

Out of curiosity...why not /r/StarTools? For discussion of StarTools techniques, questions from potential buyers, images processed by StarTools, etc?

Just a thought. :)

(To be honest, I almost created it today...and then thought it would probably be more appropriate if YOU did...or if you at least gave it your blessing *heh*)
-- Gordon

My Astrobin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gboulton wrote:
admin wrote: I've now started a testimonial thread, so if you are okay with it then I'd love to add your comment to this list.
By all means, please do. :D
Thanks - done!
Out of curiosity...why not /r/StarTools? For discussion of StarTools techniques, questions from potential buyers, images processed by StarTools, etc?
Just a thought. :)
(To be honest, I almost created it today...and then thought it would probably be more appropriate if YOU did...or if you at least gave it your blessing *heh*)
Please, by all means - go ahead! Between coding, support and trying to make a living I need to try to not to spread myself too thin, so any such user initiative would be greatly appreciated! :bow-yellow:
Ivo Jager
gboulton

Post by gboulton »

admin wrote: Please, by all means - go ahead! Between coding, support and trying to make a living I need to try to not to spread myself too thin, so any such user initiative would be greatly appreciated! :bow-yellow:
http://www.reddit.com/r/StarTools

I sent a mod-invite your way. Anything else you'd like included in the sidebar?

I'll study up a bit on how to customize a subreddit, and see if maybe we can't come up with some combination of the reddit alien and StarTools logo. :)
-- Gordon

My Astrobin
admin
Site Admin

StarTools is now on Reddit!

Post by admin »

Ivo Jager
gboulton

Re: StarTools is now on Reddit!

Post by gboulton »

Digging the new banner in the sub, Ivo! :)
-- Gordon

My Astrobin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gboulton wrote:Digging the new banner in the sub, Ivo! :)
:) Feel free to change/chop/modify it if you want!
It was a great idea starting a Reddit - thanks! :thumbsup:
Ivo Jager
gboulton

Post by gboulton »

admin wrote:It was a great idea starting a Reddit - thanks! :thumbsup:
Glad you approve. :)

I've added a couple of tutorial and other links to the side bar, posted an image today, and also posted a question about processing...just trying to build up a bit of content. :)
-- Gordon

My Astrobin