Getting started, Images Plus problem

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Wildcat_Pines

Re: Getting started, Images Plus problem

Post by Wildcat_Pines »

Ivo, here I go again… Installed StarTools on my MacBook Pro. It runs and fills the display correctly but is pixelated just like it was on the PC. Do you have a fix? It's a 13" retina display.

Also, do you know how to get a StarTools icon into the launchpad? It was easy to make a desktop icon for the pc but since I'm a pc person, every time I try to do simple operations on the Mac I just get angry :shock: :evil:

Thanks,

Jon
admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting started, Images Plus problem

Post by admin »

Wildcat_Pines wrote:Ivo, here I go again… Installed StarTools on my MacBook Pro. It runs and fills the display correctly but is pixelated just like it was on the PC. Do you have a fix? It's a 13" retina display.

Also, do you know how to get a StarTools icon into the launchpad? It was easy to make a desktop icon for the pc but since I'm a pc person, every time I try to do simple operations on the Mac I just get angry :shock: :evil:

Thanks,

Jon
Hi Jon,

If you right click on the app, there should be an item in the context menu named 'Get Info'. In the window that opens, there should be a tickbox that says 'Open in Low Resolution'. In conjunciton with the 'highdpi' file, this may do what you need.

I believe adding an App to the Launchpad, is as easy as dragging and dropping/releasing it over the Launchpad icon in the dock. Behind the scenes, this should create a symbolic link to the app.

Hope this helps!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast