Star Tools selection for multi-band filters

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
Lawrence

Re: Star Tools selection for multi-band filters

Post by Lawrence »

In desperation about this colour query I contacted the chap who produced/designed my M25C camera and he confirmed that the matrix is now RGGB. I forever hold my peace!

regards

Lawrence

Now I can get back to studying Star Tools!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Lawrence,

Per my previous message, the Matrix option is available as of the 1.6.x versions (downloading/using 1.6 is highly recommended!).
Any other unfamiliar parameters/settings are too. Which version are you running if I may ask? The contrast of the controls should have been enhanced since 1.5+ so it is easier to see the parameters.
As of 1.5, processing workflows for all data sources (whether it be DSLR, OSC, Mono, LRGB, narrowband, space telescope, probe, etc.) are substantially the same. This makes things a lot easier to learn and replicate.

The one big change to take note of when using 1.5+, is that it will split OSC data into luminance ("detail") and chrominance ("color), which get processed separately yet simultaneously. This is sounds complex (it is from an programming point of view :twisted:), but all it means for you is that you will be mostly processing your data in mono (luminance/detail), while color is brought back in once you hit the Color module.

My apologies - I missed copying and pasting the Wipe step :oops:

Don't hold your peace - let us know how you go!
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

How could I resist? I have upgraded to v 1.6.

I understand the comment about selecting narrowband - thanks.

I'll post my new query in another thread here.

Lawrence :-)