Improving this Rho Ophiuchi

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
celeron787

Re: Improving this Rho Ophiuchi

Post by celeron787 »

admin wrote:Ok. Looks like DSS might encode some special fields to indicate a file is a Master Flat.
However, maybe you can "stack" the modified master flat as if it is a stack of just one flat frame, so that DSS makes a master flat out of that?
Hmm DSS still isnt reading any of the edited file. Same error "the checked pictures are not compatibles (width,height,number of colors,number of channels, only one master dark,offset, and flat."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

celeron787 wrote:
admin wrote:Ok. Looks like DSS might encode some special fields to indicate a file is a Master Flat.
However, maybe you can "stack" the modified master flat as if it is a stack of just one flat frame, so that DSS makes a master flat out of that?
Hmm DSS still isnt reading any of the edited file. Same error "the checked pictures are not compatibles (width,height,number of colors,number of channels, only one master dark,offset, and flat."
I'm out of ideas then I'm afraid. :( Regardless, it's probably a good idea to figure out why the master flat was noisy to begin with and address it the "proper" way.
Ivo Jager
StarTools creator and astronomy enthusiast
celeron787

Post by celeron787 »

admin wrote:
celeron787 wrote:
I'm out of ideas then I'm afraid. :( Regardless, it's probably a good idea to figure out why the master flat was noisy to begin with and address it the "proper" way.
No worries. I should thank you for all your help, the amount of support provided by you here is tremendous! I might try using a different flat panel, also will start looking into manual dithering next (no software support for my camera)