LRGB error message.

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
arrowspace90

LRGB error message.

Post by arrowspace90 »

I'm clueless.

I failed to come up with an image on my first try at LRGB, so I carefully prepared a 2nd set with a new target.

In APP, I separately stacked subs from L, R, G, and B and got unstretched stacks for each.
I went into the compose mode of ST and selected "L/RGB". It's the only choice that seemed right.
So I loaded in the L stack and it took those. Then I proceeded to the "R" stack. Oops, something it didn't like.
I got the error message as follows:
"The dimension of the bitmap you're trying to load differ from the previously loaded file bitmap. If you're trying to composite an LRGB image with RGB binned at 2x2 please load the non binned luminance channel first, then the binned RGB channels."
I didn't bin anything. I did load the L stack first.
The LRGB stacks done separately in APP all looked good individually, so I lack the technical knowledge to understand what ST is telling me is wrong.
Should I just go back to APP and combine the LRGB stacks there?
Can you explain in simple terms what I did wrong in acquisition or ST to produce this error? All 4 sets of subs were done with the same exposure time and settings. Only the flats differed in exposure time to put them in the middle of the histogram.
arrowspace90

Re: LRGB error message.

Post by arrowspace90 »

All of my sub headers for all LRGB say "1x1" so I am guessing thats the binning?
hixx

Re: LRGB error message.

Post by hixx »

Hi arrowspace,
this error occurs if the image dimensions are not exactly the same, so StarTools is unable to understand how to arrange them. One frequent reason might be binning of the color frames (hence the warning text), but as you said you didn't bin, I suppose this is because of stacking.
In APP, tab 6) INTEGRATE there is a "composition mode" dropdown which is set on "full" by default". What this does is stacking all lightframes shifted left/right/up/down as they are, effectively producing something bigger than the initial aspect ratio. LRGB stacks might then have different sizes resulting of this. Try composition mode "reference" which will stack all light frames matching the reference frame. If that doesnt work, try mode "crop" which should give you the final stack cropped so all would lightframes cover the result. (minimal common coverage)
I hope this helps,
cheers