Any harm re-applying AutoDev later in the workflow?

Questions and answers about processing in StarTools and how to accomplish certain tasks.
rodolgo

Any harm re-applying AutoDev later in the workflow?

Post by rodolgo »

Hi
I was wondering if re-applying Autodev later in the (kind of) standard workflow would be OK or would I destroy/damage my processed data doing so?
I'm asking because after applying Decon, the noise rose to an amazing amount - I probably messed up in a previous step - and would tend to restretch the data before proceeding.
Thanks for shading some light (signal!) on this,
KR
Rodolphe
hixx

Re: Any harm re-applying AutoDev later in the workflow?

Post by hixx »

Hi Rodolgo,
I had successfully re-applied Autodev to tweak adjustments before. That is a great advantage of ST thanks to the Tracking feature. You just recall the AutoDev module, but make sure to choose "redo stretch" option. The do Your settings. All other adjustments would stay the same and the new AutoDev settings would just replace the old ones - done. ST should put the processing into the correct order on its own, You do not need to worry about this.
However You also have the option to rollback the dataset to a previous state in order to redo large parts of the the workflow. If You want that, use the "Restore" button. You will be offered multiple options to which state of the workflow you may to return. If you would like to begin with the second AutoDev, (after Wipe), you want to choose the "Linear, Wiped" option.

Hope this helps,
Jochen
rodolgo

Re: Any harm re-applying AutoDev later in the workflow?

Post by rodolgo »

Hi Jochen
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.
I will try that on a dataset I had issues with amd see if it improves the result.
Best regards
Rodolphe